Mrs. Johnson's Deviled Eggs
~Best Deviled Eggs~
*This is a great recipe to do with your farm fresh homestead eggs!
My grandmas and mom "KNOW" how to make deviled eggs and boy are they good! We always have them at Sunday dinners, Thanksgiving, Christmas, really any special occasion and they are a huge hit! They definitely don't last long!
I remember as a little girl, going to Sunday dinners at grandma's house, we would always gather in the kitchen to see what we could snack on before the meal. It seems like my dad and I always went for the deviled eggs. Some would be plain and some would be sprinkled with Paprika. I think we always considered the ones with paprika special and just more delicious.
How to make the most delicious eggs you'll ever eat........
- You will need a dozen eggs.
- Put them in a large sauce pan and cover them with water.
- Bring the eggs to a rolling boil. Continue to boil for 10 minutes.
- Take the eggs out and run them under cold water. Be careful, their hot!
Time to peel!
This trick has been passed from my grandma, to my mom and now to me.
- Run the eggs under cold water to peel them. The shells should come right off.
Now cut the eggs in half, length wise.
- Scoop out the yolks of each egg and put them in a bowl
- 1 1/2 mayo
- 2 heaping TBSP mustard
- 2 heaping TBSP sweet relish
- mash and mix everything together
You and your family are sure to love these! They are definitely worth the time! They are always a pretty dish for Easter Sunday!